Sign in to follow this  
MakingBacon

Cooldown/timer on park and retrievals

MakingBacon    2

There should be some sort of timer/cooldown on parking and retrieving vehicles from storage, far too often do you see someone pull out a tigris,varsuk or any vehicle alike take a few pot shots at the gunstore then as soon as you retaliate they park the vehicle. Not gamebreaking, just a massive pain in the ass when you get at most one rocket off on a vehicle before it's parked and ready to go again later. 

MakingBacon AKA Sluggah

• Like 1
  • thinking3d 1

• Josh_ua    933

I feel this is a fair enough comment.

While I don't have the time nor experience that most regular players have, I have still had several experiences of vehicles being stored mid-combat to avoid destruction. Doesn't need to be a stupidly long timer, perhaps the same length of time between using the same spawn beacon? 

+1 from me. What does everyone else think? :seemsgood:

Jereleet    25

Sluggah, I assume you are referring to the south gunstore and the camp Maxwell hill? Two viable counters I can think of (and use) for this, are just putting up a few canal walls or hesco barriers, which are indestructible and stop the tanks being able to shoot in, or if you can't be stuffed with that, just put slam mines all over the camp Maxwell hill, and AP mines around the vehicle storage. 
    That will put a stop to them pesky tanks from storage.

MakingBacon    2

I can see your point, but I think it'd be the equivalent of blocking or mining a vehicle store. People won't be happy if the vehicle they stored gets immediately destroyed or made obsolete by a few walls or an AT mine. I have no problem with people taking shots at the gunstore with their stored vehicles, it's only when they store the vehicle as soon as you return fire. Your solutions would only serve to make the gunstore harder to take and give reason for people to complain, where as a timer/cooldown would solve the problem of storing vehicles after taking fire, and would minimise complaints from either side.
     No disrespect. Just Opinion.
    MakingBacon AKA Sluggah

Jereleet    25

Yeah for sure, no disrespect taken.

I know a lot of people grumble about mines, I too grumble when I get killed by mines at key locations, but they're part of the game, that's just how it is.

I've lost vehicles just as I pull them out of storage, which sucks, that's one of the places when vehicles are most vulnerable, at least for heli's.

But getting constantly bombarded at the gunstore, sucks more. Which is why I always seek to block them with fortifications and mines. If a tank wants to assault a gunstore, it needs to be ready to pay the price.

So I guess, given that, I agree with you in a sense.

If Jacob wants to develop a timer, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

• Like 1