Humaine

Tanoa Tuesday!

Humaine    131

Last night a group of us that usually play Altis, had a go at Tanoa... 

WTH!!! How the hell could any of you guys see the enemy? sooo mmannyyy tttreeeeeeeeeeeesssss!!!! ????

I really need to play more on that server! It was massively fun.

Not to mention what happened after webbie joined... ask him how many troops you can put inside a command building in a HQ! LOL They were coming up through the floor boards... hehehe

Thanks webbie... ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• webbie    186
    1 hour ago, Humaine said:

Last night a group of us that usually play Altis, had a go at Tanoa... 

WTH!!! How the hell could any of you guys see the enemy? sooo mmannyyy tttreeeeeeeeeeeesssss!!!! ????

I really need to play more on that server! It was massively fun.

Not to mention what happened after webbie joined... ask him how many troops you can put inside a command building in a HQ! LOL They were coming up through the floor boards... hehehe

Thanks webbie... ?

As always your welcome @Humaine . Tanoa will become Tanoa T-Days for Tuesday and Thursday. I and A was originally developed for Tanoa and many of us who played together on the original iteration miss it quite a bit. As for the trees , personally (and yes I cop flak for it) if I'm having a really intense battle in heavy jungle area's I have thermals. Unfortunately it's also a great way to get 1 tapped by a friendly who doesn't ID targets.

• Like 3

Humaine    131

Was on again last night... I think we had about 10-15 players on. oh god we got smashed!!!...

20181128210033_1.thumb.jpg.52777d67b2b69c73d47d5e5d97763616.jpg

Was great CQC.... i'm sticking to my AKM with ironsights... lol

Hope to be on tonight for T-Day!

Edited by Humaine
    Addition
    • Like 2

Jereleet    25

Yeah I jumped on last night, was hella fun. I'll give it another go tonight I reckon. Those street block battles for intel in the capital were epic.

Why was I the only guy not using an LIM though...

• Like 2

=S.N.A.F.U.=    92

The secret to the tree problem is communication. Work as a team, move as a team, Shoot as a team. Then if anything moves that is NOT in your team, Rain hell on it! Encourage those around you to form together, have a medic & make him your best friend, talk to each other, scream if you are down. Natural leaders will emerge from the group & you will find over time people will flock to you. You have both in-game group chat & also a bunch of Teamspeak infantry channels. Furthermore, I know as someone who is often a pilot, if we know an area is being secured we will try to get you back into the fight near your buddies too, so ask us ?

Of course, there will be random Rambo's. You can't stop that, but you can minimise it & have more fun in the process. 

This not only goes for the senior gang but the new guys as well. Try it! You will find it will only add to the experience. 

Oh! One more thing.. It should be obvious but sniper rifles are useless in most of Tanoa!

Edited by =S.N.A.F.U.=
    • Like 2

Jereleet    25

Oh I don't think there were any issues with communication, the group worked fairly efficiently.

Thanks for the advice on Sniper Rifles in Tanoa, I now realise what you mean.

Humaine    131
    13 hours ago, =S.N.A.F.U.= said:

The secret to the tree problem is communication. Work as a team, move as a team, Shoot as a team. Then if anything moves that is NOT in your team, Rain hell on it! Encourage those around you to form together, have a medic & make him your best friend, talk to each other, scream if you are down. Natural leaders will emerge from the group & you will find over time people will flock to you. You have both in-game group chat & also a bunch of Teamspeak infantry channels. Furthermore, I know as someone who is often a pilot, if we know an area is being secured we will try to get you back into the fight near your buddies too, so ask us ?

Of course, there will be random Rambo's. You can't stop that, but you can minimise it & have more fun in the process. 

This not only goes for the senior gang but the new guys as well. Try it! You will find it will only add to the experience. 

Oh! One more thing.. It should be obvious but sniper rifles are useless in most of Tanoa!

Understood. I try to encourage more coms use, (You could say I talk too much lol ), but its difficult when some don't have mikes or others don't want to.

Also players need to know that there's sometimes a glitch with ingame coms.  If you join the server and it puts you automatically in a team, sometimes the coms aren't working and you can't hear anything from the group. ( I spent some of last night talking to myself about... you know... stuff... troops here, tanks there... angry triangles... hehehe ) To solve this you have to leave the group and join it again.

But then another glitch is caused, as sometimes it won't let you leave the group. You have two options here; Join another open group and jump back into your primary group or head back to the lobby and rejoin.

I also have a question, are players mostly using ingame coms or teamspeak?     I dislike TS... ? 
    (I like using the "Radio Management" Channels (Alpha, Ironside, etc...) on the "Home" button, great addon.)

• Like 2

webbie    186

Alot of players will use TeamSpeak, alot of groups will use group chat but be using either TeamSpeak or discord. My preference is in game group channel unfortunately use of a main group is under utilised often.

pkisbest    198
    56 minutes ago, webbie said:

Alot of players will use TeamSpeak, alot of groups will use group chat but be using either TeamSpeak or discord. My preference is in game group channel unfortunately use of a main group is under utilised often.

Or the main group is full of.....utter nonsense to put it lightly.

• Like 1

=S.N.A.F.U.=    92
    26 minutes ago, pkisbest said:

That's very true. But Tanoa does offer us the chance to minimise this by instilling a different attitude to the game. Plus it's easy to make a new group & invite people in.

imagine a veteran or someone else who steps up as a squad lead communicating to his squad in game chat & then to the main group in ts! (Ahh the utopian dream). The reason the chats are shyte is because for years we  have let it be so. It has become the servers norm. When you play on european & US servers it's a very different case. There is a lot of banter but they also know to communicate well & at least to a moderate degree, coordinate.

webbie    186

You know theirs no reason we can't all do this and many people like being co-ordinated through a lead I see it alot where a squad will have a defined leader and they totally roll an ao no matter what I throw at them. This applies to both altis and Tanoa. Although I will point out their are many big egos and so getting people to put their egos aside to enjoy a game of Arma is also apart of that very challenge  It's really up to each individual player how they want to play, it's a public server and hence people can play how they choose. And I think we all know we will always get the morons who are just their to troll and unfortunately this will always be the case. As long as they don't breach the rules then they are just as welcome as anyone else.

Edited by webbie

pkisbest    198

Honestly I wanted to start doing a squad related thing a few months ago. But I’ve found it hard to have time.

Althiugh now that Uni is finished I should have no problem running them.

• Like 1

pkisbest    198

That’s pretty standard. It’s a small high infantry ratio map. Using something like the Lim is gunna bring a lot of Kills.

Humaine    131
    3 hours ago, pkisbest said:

Yea... last night kinda turned in to that... it degraded in to shit talk... I disconnect after listening to that for a while... not cool...

• Angry 1

War Machine    40
    On 11/30/2018 at 9:59 AM, pkisbest said:

Honestly I wanted to start doing a squad related thing a few months ago. But I’ve found it hard to have time.

Althiugh now that Uni is finished I should have no problem running them.

Looking forward to join your squad mate or any squad that wishes to be organized.

Humaine    131

@pkisbest was our illustrious leader last night... and then chaos ensued!!! (otherwise known as webbie)

You need to lead us more oh eminent one... we were doing well last night... ?

... I also ran toward the sniper as instructed.... ?

pkisbest    198

Last nights one was more an impromptu one where I had a bit of a **** around....like ordering you to run straight at a sniper.

The formal ones I run will be a little bit more serious.