webbie

Strayagaming ExileMod

Strayagaming ExileMod  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Jay    661

nah, try another sg rust server hosted and managed by yours truely, brodie 

- ex-rust mod jay

• Haha 2

[AI] STALKER    344

The words P v E and EXILE are not meant to co - exist.

1. The thrill of exile is : " **** yes we cleared that mission of all the AI , and roving AI vehicles without taking a dam loss.... go us "
         followed almost immediately by another team's comms " Contact 4'o clock... distance ranged ... 500 meters ... 3 targets on edge of tree line reference Red stone wall .... wait for signal "

2. The risk of exile is : Those guys who just watched you clear the mission .... waited for you to waltz up to the crate and loot... and then dropped you and your mates because this is not a PvE minecraft server ... and other people have guns and will use them to kill you and take your loot. Completing a mission does not equal " I earned the loot ". 

3. The Goal of exile is : Those bastards who keep killing people at missions and stealing the loot ....... have a really big base ... lets go raid those bastards and make that loot OUR loot "
    Communications as follows " Hey mate .. remember how we had those 12 level 3 safes full of all that stolen loot ..... "
    " Yea mate ........ wait .. what do you mean .. Had ? "

4.  Vehicle spawns on map are fine .. ONLY if you are running the server on a dedicated box .... make sure that the server runs an actual clean up script .... and take into account that for every vehicle you allow to spawn on the map ... takes away the value of vehicles you need to purchase. Free stuff has no value. Earn it to keep it.

Give players the ability to spawn in a quad bike (* Not push bike as the arma 2 asset can and does defeat TANKS in a head on collision ... and no exile server should run tanks... *)
    by sacrificing a non usable item such as toilet paper which other wise is a pointless item spawn on your loot table ... which brings me to .....

5. Loot tables : You need to define these clearly as : Low tier (Think altis life civilian legal gear - or in other words - shit ) and medium ( Think up to 7.62 ) and keep those spawns in military areas or clearly define those areas as military spawn loot.

Every item you ALLOW to spawn for players .... removes the VALUE of that item in MISSION LOOT.   Spawn items are not contested by 10-20 AI with static MGs and roving armed vehicles.

So i strongly advise that anything you want the players to actually value and FIGHT over .... do not include in NORMAL MAP LOOT TABLES. Period.
    Example : If you allow a 9.3 Cyrus to spawn in a military base... im not fighting for that on a tier 4 sniper camp mission. No point.
    But make that item ONLY attainable via either BLACK MARKET non safe zone trader ... or via a high tier mission ... and Cyrus's just gained VALUE and not everyone is sniping from 1600 meters away with a suppressor and a LRPS ....

6. BLACK MARKETS :  So .. you have limited what you are allowing on the SPAWN TABLE ... now you can add those items you still want to appear in game into (A) Black markets ... and (B) mission only loot.       My advise here is to allow anything that is MISSION ATTAINABLE but not LOOT TABLE attainable ... to be purchased HERE ONLY. 

Including ammo and attachments.

And BAM ..... shit has value.

7. Missions BANDIT * Random spawning *:   Do not .. i say again .. do not run stock standard DMS.

I wrote a guide on the EXILE FORUMS on how to create and edit your own unique custom DMS missions with unique item placement for BANDIT MISSIONS.
    There is a MISSION EXAMPLE with both OBJECT.SQF and MISSION.SQF available on the forum if you want it.

If you have any experience with opening a .sqf file .... you should be able to work this out pretty easy.
    Failing that .... RedNEd .... Eraser1 amoungst others should be able to point you in the right direction.

Trust me ... unique missions make servers.  Carbon copied ones do not.

8. Missions STATIC :  Choose 2 areas on your map. 

Make one area a HIGH VALUE air asset. Make it a locked vehicle. Give it unique loot you are NOT including anywere else. Add 2+ extra crates with some other random high value content you include in other missions ..... and you have a HIGH value area that players will fight over.

Make a second area a HIGH VALUE land asset. Make it a locked vehicle. Give it unique loot you are NOT including anywere else. Add 2+ extra crates with some other random high value content you include in other missions..... 

Now make the server spawn only 1 of these missions per server restart ..... and BAM ... you now have something cool for players to fight over when they get sick of base building , base raiding .. and just want a seriously good scrap.

Enjoy

• Like 4

Excel    828
    9 hours ago, [AI] STALKER said:

1. The thrill of exile is : " **** yes we cleared that mission of all the AI , and roving AI vehicles without taking a dam loss.... go us "
         followed almost immediately by another team's comms " Contact 4'o clock... distance ranged ... 500 meters ... 3 targets on edge of tree line reference Red stone wall .... wait for signal "

2. The risk of exile is : Those guys who just watched you clear the mission .... waited for you to waltz up to the crate and loot... and then dropped you and your mates because this is not a PvE minecraft server ... and other people have guns and will use them to kill you and take your loot. Completing a mission does not equal " I earned the loot ". 

3. The Goal of exile is : Those bastards who keep killing people at missions and stealing the loot ....... have a really big base ... lets go raid those bastards and make that loot OUR loot "
    Communications as follows " Hey mate .. remember how we had those 12 level 3 safes full of all that stolen loot ..... "

4.  Vehicle spawns on map are fine .. ONLY if you are running the server on a dedicated box .... make sure that the server runs an actual clean up script .... and take into account that for every vehicle you allow to spawn on the map ... takes away the value of vehicles you need to purchase. Free stuff has no value. Earn it to keep it.

Give players the ability to spawn in a quad bike (* Not push bike as the arma 2 asset can and does defeat TANKS in a head on collision ... and no exile server should run tanks... *)
    by sacrificing a non usable item such as toilet paper which other wise is a pointless item spawn on your loot table ... which brings me to .....

5. Loot tables : You need to define these clearly as : Low tier (Think altis life civilian legal gear - or in other words - shit ) and medium ( Think up to 7.62 ) and keep those spawns in military areas or clearly define those areas as military spawn loot.

Every item you ALLOW to spawn for players .... removes the VALUE of that item in MISSION LOOT.   Spawn items are not contested by 10-20 AI with static MGs and roving armed vehicles.

So i strongly advise that anything you want the players to actually value and FIGHT over .... do not include in NORMAL MAP LOOT TABLES. Period.
    Example : If you allow a 9.3 Cyrus to spawn in a military base... im not fighting for that on a tier 4 sniper camp mission. No point.
    But make that item ONLY attainable via either BLACK MARKET non safe zone trader ... or via a high tier mission ... and Cyrus's just gained VALUE and not everyone is sniping from 1600 meters away with a suppressor and a LRPS ....

6. BLACK MARKETS :  So .. you have limited what you are allowing on the SPAWN TABLE ... now you can add those items you still want to appear in game into (A) Black markets ... and (B) mission only loot.       My advise here is to allow anything that is MISSION ATTAINABLE but not LOOT TABLE attainable ... to be purchased HERE ONLY. 

7. Missions BANDIT * Random spawning *:   Do not .. i say again .. do not run stock standard DMS.

I wrote a guide on the EXILE FORUMS on how to create and edit your own unique custom DMS missions with unique item placement for BANDIT MISSIONS.
    There is a MISSION EXAMPLE with both OBJECT.SQF and MISSION.SQF available on the forum if you want it.

If you have any experience with opening a .sqf file .... you should be able to work this out pretty easy.
    Failing that .... RedNEd .... Eraser1 amoungst others should be able to point you in the right direction.

Make one area a HIGH VALUE air asset. Make it a locked vehicle. Give it unique loot you are NOT including anywere else. Add 2+ extra crates with some other random high value content you include in other missions ..... and you have a HIGH value area that players will fight over.

Make a second area a HIGH VALUE land asset. Make it a locked vehicle. Give it unique loot you are NOT including anywere else. Add 2+ extra crates with some other random high value content you include in other missions..... 

Now make the server spawn only 1 of these missions per server restart ..... and BAM ... you now have something cool for players to fight over when they get sick of base building , base raiding .. and just want a seriously good scrap.

Enjoy

Well said brother, well said!

Asnee    237
    10 hours ago, [AI] STALKER said:

Enjoy

Brilliant 

• Like 3

Jereleet    25
    On 12/1/2018 at 1:38 AM, [AI] STALKER said:

I agree with this point completely. It should be difficult, visceral, and plenty of room for things to go wrong. PvEvP, is the most difficult.

On 12/1/2018 at 12:37 PM, Asnee said:

In terms of spawning in a quad bike, the way webbie has it at the moment is you can spawn in a mountain bike, I think that is enough. Wouldn't want to make it to easy.
    At the moment, I've noticed vehicle spawns are on the map yes, but quite rare. In 3 - 4 hours of game play, I cam across 1 vehicle that wasn't a bicycle or part of a mission. I would say that is rare enough, or almost too rare.
    So yes, I agree.

On 12/1/2018 at 12:37 PM, Asnee said:

Dunno about this, it's starting to sound a bit like Altis Life, I don't like Altis Life.

As to your last few points about missions, sure, all of that can be incorporated, if webbie is up for it.
    Certainly wouldn't hurt gameplay.

Edited by Jereleet

webbie    186

For anyone wishing to play on the exile server, search in the server browser for straya.

www.battlemetrics.com/servers/arma3/2915432

It is in beta for another 2 weeks at which time it will be wiped for a fresh start.

The discord address above in this thread is where all information is transmitted at this time.

Edited by webbie

[AI] STALKER    344

Ok so honest feed back time.

1. Hud - allow players to customize hud - there are plenty of plugins for xm8. Trust me. Allowing players to decide what is shown on the hud and what is not is a quality of life measure.

2. Spawn Zones - Adding armed AI near and within Spawn areas is simply put. A bad idea. I was getting shot at before i even hit the ground.

3. Loot table - civilian areas - Ok this one just straight out shocked me. At no stage did i find a weapon. 10 minutes of entering different buildings. No weapon. Red dot scopes. Check.
    7.62 and below suppressors. Check. Weapon with ammo - Neg. Weapon on its own?(Dont do that by the way - always have weapons spawn with some clips) nope.

4. BIKE and QUAD SPAWNS -  Ok ummm were to start.  (A) Provide the player with 1 of these options. There is Zero need for both. (B) Bikes are just broken in Arma - use quads but at this point - honestly just choose one and stick with that. (C) Do not link being able to spawn one with BAMBI status. If i pick up any item first (a backpack) i am no longer a bambi and can not spawn basic transport.   There are PLENTY of options here. Ideally just have the PLAYER spawn with a junk item :IE Toilet Paper: - take that junk  item of the loot table.
    And have the SPAWN OPTION simply check for that JUNK item in the players inventory - and if it is there - remove it and spawn the vehicle.

5. JUNK ITEMS - Your loot table has WAY WAY WAY too many items with ZERO sell value. No sure how else to put this. FIX THAT.
    Loot TABLES dictate EVERYTHING ELSE on your server.  Get that down pat before missions - THEN make sure those items all have a SELL VALUE at the STORES.

6. Armed AI in spawn areas - Look this is fine if (A) the player either spawns with a pistol and a couple of clips .... and or (B) the loot table actually spawns weapons.
    Again , i spent 10 mins in a spawn zone area looking for guns ... and the only guns i saw were the ones the ARMED AI had. 

Now granted you have the AI aim lowered ( points for that unless its default settings and ive forgotten how woeful arma3 AI aim is on default settings ) ... but that doesnt mean anything when the AI have weapons .. and the player does not.

7. Getting a weapon.  So .... after 10 mins .. i ran around and avoided 4 Ai patrols of 2-3 man squads with 5.56 and 6.5 mm assault weapons.... while avoiding zombie spawns .. and while that was fun. No sarcasm intended ... only being able to actually get a weapon by stealing a unlocked ifrit from the LBGT base .... and driving to the airfield .. where apparently no guns actually spawn ..... and then waiting for the AI soldiers to be killed by Zombies so i could take one of their guns was ... disappointing.

So lets recount this play thru so far.

Spawn in air above spawn town .... land 1.5 kms out of it to avoid the insane amount of semi automatic fire i was taking from a spawn town as a parachuting bambi with no missions remotely near me. Dodge 4 patrols of armed AI. Whilst dodging roving spawning Zombies. Find ZERO weapons in the spawn town. ZERO that were not already attached to active AI patrols. 

Run to a near by PLAYER BASE. FInd an unlocked Ifrit. Drive to a military area. Find NO weapons there either. Explosive charges. Check. Mines. Check. Weapons ..... **** and no.
    Run over a armed AI - trigger mine script - disable the vehicle. Check. 

Wait inside disabled vehicle. Watch Armed AI get killed by Zombies. Check.
    Loot dead body for 5.56 assault rifle. Check.

Think about that.

The only way in a 15 min play thru that i came across a weapon in my hands was waiting for ZOMBIES to kill ARMED AI patrols in the areas were players would initally loot.

None of this feed back is me saying " Your server sucks - $%$##@ ". 
    What i am saying is that at no stage did i feel i had a reasonable chance to get armed and fight the threats.

And unless this is an escape type mission. Thats not ideal.

Peace out.

• Dislike 1

webbie    186

Lol oh well just think, I'm only going to make it more difficult too.

It's funny though, I don't cheat and play from having nothing and starting from the bottom  up over and over to get a feel for direction and never have a problem finding anything other than a handsaw and axe perhaps. It really is the whole point.

It isn't altis life it's not going to be you aren't just going to get everything you want just by going to the shop.

I mean if you want to play AL, Straya has a server for that.

As for the rant on AI, it's all very contradictory because one moment you think AI have no place next minute it's too hard, lol.

I'm going to develop this how I want it because of my experience in knowing how things tick and while I do value opinions, yours are always very aggressive and that doesn't interest me. 

This isn't my first Arma or exile server and I do all the heavy lifting myself. Just bare that in mind.

Edited by webbie
    • Like 1

[AI] STALKER    344
    3 hours ago, webbie said:

Lol oh well just think, I'm only going to make it more difficult too.

Nothing wrong with difficult.
    Not being able to find a weapon after 10 mins of loot spawning however is beyond reasonable.

It's funny though, I don't cheat and play from having nothing and starting from the bottom  up over and over to get a feel for direction and never have a problem finding anything other than a handsaw and axe perhaps. It really is the whole point.

I never cheated / spawned items in on servers i developed for communities either.  But stating that is like saying " I dont hit my partner ". I mean good for not doing it but hardly a " here have a trophey moment ".

It isn't altis life it's not going to be you aren't just going to get everything you want just by going to the shop.

I mean if you want to play AL, Straya has a server for that.

Apparently you have a clear misunderstanding.
    None of my feed back was " I went to the store and i couldnt find item X , Y , Z ".

In fact most of the post was : First 15 mins of spawning - 10 mins of no weapon spawn - spawn town.  No weapons spawning military area.
    Not sure how you managed to mistake that for what ever it is you just wrote.

As for the rant on AI, it's all very contradictory because one moment you think AI have no place next minute it's too hard, lol.

Remind me where i state AI have no place?

I stated having them in spawn towns shooting at players spawning in is a bad idea. Thats not exactly rocket science.

And for too hard - i stated -
    6. Armed AI in spawn areas - Look this is fine if (A) the player either spawns with a pistol and a couple of clips .... and or (B) the loot table actually spawns weapons.
    Again , i spent 10 mins in a spawn zone area looking for guns ... and the only guns i saw were the ones the ARMED AI had. 

I'm going to develop this how I want it because of my experience in knowing how things tick and while I do value opinions, yours are always very aggressive and that doesn't interest me. 

As you should. It is important to have very clear goals , mission statements on how you want your server to develop. What your over all objective is.
    IE:  Is the server set to promote Base raids or not. Is the server set to promote group play or single play. etc etc.

End of the day if your the one doing the back end work - your view is going to be the one that determines the final product.

That said - I clearly explained that i was not attacking you or your server.

None of this feed back is me saying " Your server sucks - $%$##@ ". 
    What i am saying is that at no stage did i feel i had a reasonable chance to get armed and fight the threats.

And unless this is an escape type mission. Thats not ideal.

Peace out.

Honest negative feed back is not always going to be wrapped in cotton wool with a layer of sugar.
    And i understand your going for a more survival type exile rather than the " I spawned in and have all the toys " type.

But you really need to learn that your not getting feed back because i want to insult you.
    I want your server to gain and keep population.

But you wont have that if new players who are not established on your server cant get a gun. Or can not spawn a quad because they picked up a Hat.

This isn't my first Arma or exile server and I do all the heavy lifting myself. Just bare that in mind. 

I can respect that.
    I have written and shared numerous back end mission files , DMS config with object.sqf's and mission.sqf's , loot tables , store tables , roving AI scripts etc myself.
    Trust me. I understand the sheer load of work involved.

Nothing i said was from a lack of experience setting up , balance updates , bug fixes etc. I have done it all before myself. Both running teams , and doing it solo for communities.

Everything i said was coming from the point of view of someone who understands how systems work.

You want a hard core survival experience. Go for it.
    But seriously. Go back and read the comments i wrote. Take it in. Because 90% of what you wrote was shit to do with Altis life and shop inventory which had ZERO to do with what i wrote. And the other 10% was you saying you have made servers before and are doing all hte back end yourself.

Both of which have ZERO to do with what i wrote.

PEace out.

[AI] STALKER    344
    5 hours ago, Armando Wolff said:

You're not supposed to find a navid and RPG on the ground waiting for you when you spawn in, that would be stupid - bambis would then be too easily have the ability to kill any other player. Players shouldn't have to worry about every player equipped with the most OP gear, exile is a survival game after all.

@[AI] STALKER

As said above.

No were did i say players should find a navid or RPG.
    I stated and i quote myself here because reading apparently is difficult for some.

Next point.

Yes, guns seem to be a lot harder to find than other servers. But it has a nice and different feel to it. What you should be doing is finding a low cal gun or loot one from a dead body (which are everywhere) and try to survive gunfights that will spawn on you and loot the people that you are killing. The AI players really have everything you need, e.g. can openers, tools, food, guns, and ammo. After a fairly short grind of doing that you can then perhaps move along to doing AI missions. 

Good . We have a point we can agree on. And nothing wrong with making certain weapons harder to get. Or even not available at all on loot tables or stores.

As for finding a low cal weapon. Please refer to the above self quote.

If my only realistic option on spawn is to wait for a armed AI to be killed by an unarmed zombie before i can get a weapon .... i feel that pointing out the serious amount of issues that will cause when you get population on the server is .... just wow. That shouldnt be an option you need to take. Great that its an option. But it shouldnt be the only reliable one.

For your 4th point: I think it's actually quite nice having the option of both as bikes are a lot quieter than quad bikes but quad bikes are faster. Having that option can mean a lot in most situations. The only thing I would suggest is making it so anyone can spawn in a bike, whereas quad bikes can be for bambis only. This is because a lot of the time you find yourself on the find of the road in the middle of nowhere with a wrecked car and no ducktape. 

The issue with bikes is that the physics model for them is out of wack.
    If you want to test it. Host a local server . Spawn in the push bike and a tank. And ride hard at the tank.
    One of those is going to win the game of chicken.
    It aint the tank.

As for the quad bike bambi spawn issue.  Easy solution is make the spawn condition require a junk item. make the player spawn with it on respawns. REmove that item from the loot table and stores to stop spam abuse. And bingo - you have the ability to spawn the quad - and its not tied to bambi status.
    *also pretty sure i outlined that previously*

Do not link being able to spawn one with BAMBI status. If i pick up any item first (a backpack) i am no longer a bambi and can not spawn basic transport.   There are PLENTY of options here. Ideally just have the PLAYER spawn with a junk item :IE Toilet Paper: - take that junk  item of the loot table.
    And have the SPAWN OPTION simply check for that JUNK item in the players inventory - and if it is there - remove it and spawn the vehicle.

Yep. I did ?

and ye, the sell prices for all items is pretty insane and should definitely be adjusted to make the cash grind less crazy.  

Hey , we agreed on somethings by the end of it all ?

Have a good one

pkisbest    198

On the “can’t find a weapon in a town”. I literally walked into La Trintite near the safe zone and I found several M1014’s and Stings. Both with are incredibly viable in the early game. I also found several of the Vermin’s. and several revolvers and Four-Five pistols. All with at least 2-3 mags.

• Like 3

Jereleet    25

Only just catching up on all this now.

My experience on the server has been that the weapon spawns are spot on.
    In my first spawn, on the server when I first started, I think I spawned in Houdan, couldn't find a gun in that town, but I did find bag, clothes, and food.
    Ran to the next town Dourdan, (both are relatively small towns), I found 9mm pistol and a Vermin.
    Both with ammo. Then I found a suppressor and SMG scope for the Vermin. I was pretty pumped.
    From that point I just made my way to the safe zone and tried to co-ordinate with other players.
    Since then I've had no issues finding weapons lying around. There is like a small 1 room, light blue coloured guard house kinda building at the entrance to the safe zone. I've noticed this building has a shotgun spawn in it 50% of the time I check.
    The other 50% of the time its either a pistol or some food. So good building to check.

I understand this is just my experience, but I have heard from others who have been on that have had similar.
    I don't agree that every single spawn you have, you should find a gun in the first town you spawn in. Sure it is nice if you do, but I don't think there is anything wrong with sneaking out, making the 5 - 10 minute run to the next town and finding one there.
    Malden's not a massive map. The towns aren't far apart.

• Like 1

Stitch    38

My issue with the current exile mod is the fact veteran isn't veteran, its crazy impossible if you are on your own. like I tried sniping them with a lynx I had acquired and they were laser accurate with everyshot. I tried to do this mission 13 times, and they shot at the rocks I were behind, and at one stage I peaked for like a millisecond of me tapping q for a sec and they just sprayed and me and hit me. the accuracy is crazy high cuz the skill be high. and apart from all this the AI in general is just a lil bit too accurate, like the chinook that flies around, I was driving my quad nek minute im dead from the chinook.

• Like 1

webbie    186
    3 hours ago, Stitch said:

My issue with the current exile mod is the fact veteran isn't veteran, its crazy impossible if you are on your own. like I tried sniping them with a lynx I had acquired and they were laser accurate with everyshot. I tried to do this mission 13 times, and they shot at the rocks I were behind, and at one stage I peaked for like a millisecond of me tapping q for a sec and they just sprayed and me and hit me. the accuracy is crazy high cuz the skill be high. and apart from all this the AI in general is just a lil bit too accurate, like the chinook that flies around, I was driving my quad nek minute im dead from the chinook.

Update going through in 10 mins @Stitch where I have overhauled the difficulty levels.

Jereleet    25

That update was a good one, missions are far more attainable now.

I did a couple on the weekend, if you stay more than 600 meters away, and find semi decent cover, the AI will struggle to hit you.

They will start moving towards you and attempt to flank you, which is good. If you can't get them all quickly, you need to re position, which is a nice challenge.

Sniping is now a viable option for missions.

• Like 1

webbie    186
    59 minutes ago, Jereleet said:

I did a couple on the weekend, if you stay more than 600 meters away, and find semi decent cover, the AI will struggle to hit you.

They will start moving towards you and attempt to flank you, which is good. If you can't get them all quickly, you need to re position, which is a nice challenge.

I don't think you need to be that far away, also depends on the difficulty level. The easy ones will struggle to hit you at 50m

Jereleet    25
    1 hour ago, webbie said:

I don't think you need to be that far away, also depends on the difficulty level. The easy ones will struggle to hit you at 50m

Oh ok, I've been too chicken shit to get anywhere near that close to any missions...

• reee 1

Stitch    38
    On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:12 AM, Jereleet said:

I love this

• kkool 1
    • hahaa 1