War Machine

Baby Sis Trying ArmA 3

War Machine    40

So, my 11 year old sister is trying ArmA 3 and she's being accused of voice changing....SHUT THE **** UP guys I'm ought to buy her the game at 22nd of November so please be a proper gent okay....

• Dansgame 3
  • Haha 1

• pkisbest    198

If anyone is harassing anyone on server relegate it to a Mod or Admin at the time. Asking on the forums - post incident is not going to help, as the perpetrators may not even be registered here.

But also on Wex’s point - The game is rated M 17+ On the ESRB, and even more so if Playing online. So at least Supervise your sister if your able to.

From personal experience anyone younger then 13 shouldn’t really be playing online without someone older being/playing with them as people that young don’t tend to be able to react well to these kinds of incidents.

• Seems Good 1
    • hahaa 2

Nova    1779
    23 minutes ago, Wex said:

Don't think Arma 3 and its communities are suitable for anyone 11 years old. 

you obviously havent played altis life

• Like 2
    • Wesmart 2
    • Seems Good 1
    • lul 3
    • hahaa 1

Mann    39
    1 hour ago, War Machine said:

So, my 11 year old sister is trying ArmA 3 and she's being accused of voice changing...

Turn off the mic...

+ you can always mute the "Harassers"

Edited by Mann

War Machine    40
    54 minutes ago, Virtual_Seahorse said:

I think your sister is about to learn a lot of new words.

nah, she's already learning a lot of swear words from me and she was like Captain America whenever I swear: "Language!" ?

War Machine    40
    56 minutes ago, Virtual_Seahorse said:

I think your sister is about to learn a lot of new words.

the problem was, she was being accused of voice changing and eventually being kicked but had returned...she really does enjoy being a medic.

War Machine    40
    5 hours ago, Wex said:

Don't think Arma 3 and its communities are suitable for anyone 11 years old. 

Why? She's not like those kids that do hotmicing and screaming and do stupid stuff intentionally. My mom and her friends assesses her as rather smart and mature for her age in comparison to her classmates which are a bit older than her.

pkisbest    198
    3 minutes ago, War Machine said:

Why? She's not like those kids that do hotmicing and screaming and do stupid stuff intentionally. My mom and her friends assesses her as rather smart and mature for her age in comparison to her classmates which are a bit older than her.

Well as i mentioned above - the game is rated at 17 plus in Offline play. So she shouldnt be playing standard (but lets face it, those laws are never enforced). But it's risky having someone as young as her online. Mature as she may be.

• Like 1

Cap    84

@War Machineyou know there are ways to share the game to other accounts so you don't have to pay for a new copy of arma 3?

Also there can be a lot of cancerous people (and even a few pedos) playing arma so it's probably not the best to let her play, also don't let her anywhere near Altis Life.

War Machine    40
    2 hours ago, Cap said:

@War Machineyou know there are ways to share the game to other accounts so you don't have to pay for a new copy of arma 3?

Brilliant idea mate; however, according to my research, there are some limitations. Only five accounts can access your gaming library from up to 10 different computers. You must also have an Internet connection to access shared libraries, which are shared in their entirety. Because of what Valve calls "technical limitations" and licensing agreements, not all games are available for sharing, such as those that require a subscription.

A shared game can only be accessed by one person at a time, which means you still won't be able to play any games together. The account holder will have priority access to his or her games. If you decide to start playing while another user is already in one of your games, they will be given the option to buy the game or end their session.

Our community guidelines state:

• StrayaGaming is an adult, mature community; mature content and gameplay is to be expected.

• We, however, do not require members to be over the age of eighteen.

• We expect all of our members to act mature and be responsible for their own actions.

If your little sister is experiencing issues relating to mature content than that unfortunately is not our problem. If however she is experiencing straight abuse and constant bullying please bring the issue to a staff member of the said server.

Nevetos    511

May I also add that a person by the name of 'Chapo'/'Chapo Guzman' has been busted on ALRP as a pedophile a while back & he has admitted to it.

If you do let her on, ensure that you trust the people around her & those in charge of the servers (If you ever let her venture out of SG).

Reference:

the last couple of tweets here: https://twitter.com/alrpcommunity?lang=en

• Like 1

webbie    186

@War Machine as @Michael Steiner has posted this is a mature community and the game is rated at 17+ so your little sis will encounter fowl language and many other forms of straya. I will point out that I was the one to kick her and my sincerest apologies go to you and her. When I came on I was very quick to make note to players that it was not a voice changer. I will also note that I take that duty of care to protect minors very seriously so if she is on and she is able to cope with the mature content I will will take all due care that she does not get harassed in any form. However we all get told to shut the fk up at times so bare in mind that is going to happen and let's face it that voice was pretty damned high pitched. Having said all that she did nothing wrong and played her role better than most. If you do have an issue please be sure to call admin in side chat and we can help you or her out.

• Like 1

IceyTundra    33
    On 11/4/2018 at 7:18 PM, War Machine said:

the problem was, she was being accused of voice changing and eventually being kicked but had returned...she really does enjoy being a medic.

Medic on AL?

War Machine    40
    On 11/7/2018 at 12:43 PM, webbie said:

@War Machine as @Michael Steiner has posted this is a mature community and the game is rated at 17+ so your little sis will encounter fowl language and many other forms of straya. I will point out that I was the one to kick her and my sincerest apologies go to you and her. When I came on I was very quick to make note to players that it was not a voice changer. I will also note that I take that duty of care to protect minors very seriously so if she is on and she is able to cope with the mature content I will will take all due care that she does not get harassed in any form. However we all get told to shut the fk up at times so bare in mind that is going to happen and let's face it that voice was pretty damned high pitched. Having said all that she did nothing wrong and played her role better than most. If you do have an issue please be sure to call admin in side chat and we can help you or her out.

I do appreciate your effort webbie as an admin of the server.

I'm not really that upset about her being accused of voice changing, what really had me quite worked out is that; even though she's doing her job as medic, when she's the one who's down, everyone just don't want to deal with her because she's a kid and a girl. I could admit that I should have rephrased my comment about it though....

As a dude, I too is surprised whenever there is a female player or a kid join in the server. The thing is that, I don't look or treat them differently because for me, we are here to have fun, and as long as you are doing your part and not being annoying, we can be cool with each other and maybe laugh at the mishaps happening in ArmA 3.

• Like 1