Woolie

Mental Health Not Taken Seriously

Woolie    74

Okay let me just start of with this, I absolutely love this community it has a special place in my heart. But the amount of jokes about mental health is sickening. Mental Health Issues is a massive problem that means a lot to me, I've had several members of my family kill themselves because of mental health issues including my Mum. But when i join teamspeak the amount of jokes going around about suicide and depression is just ridiculous. And I have to admit I have coped a fair bit of shit about my own mental health issues. All I am here to do is to ask just to cut the shit out, its not cool or funny. And to anyone with mental health issues I'm always here to talk and the majority of Staff is happy to talk about it, Just remember your not alone. If you have read this thankyou and just keep in mind what you say can deeply effect somone 

• Like 2
  • Seems Good 1
  • Feels Bad Man 1
  • <3 3
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 2

• Kellie    2

Oi nah mang just wanted to say I'm mentally ****ed as well an shit yeah, I know some the shit I say's ****ed but it my way of coping with me own shit anything I can't deal with I tend to joke about, that way it tends not to seem as big of an issue to me.

• Like 2

Red    1068

There isn't any way to moderate what you are complaining about, and there is no reason for me to do so.

People tend to make light of these bad situations, it is a way of coping with their own personal situations. SG is definitely a coping mechanism for a lot of people, they will react and speak based on their personal life. If you are offended tell them, if you don't think you can be around them because of how they speak or their attitude then don't talk to them. There are plenty of tools available for you to block and ignore communication with other members you don't agree with, or you find offensive.

You also need to remember that random people on the internet don't have their masters in psychology, they might not know how to respond or react to those sorts of conversations. They might react in a really offensive way because that is the social norm for them. we have really large variety of people here, don't expect them to all have lived their life in the same way as you.

• Like 4
    • Wesmart 1
    • hahaa 2
    • Feels Sad Man 1

Noskire    123

I get your point Red - it is impossible to moderate.

Yet I think Woolie's post was intended to remind us that there are many who play that have some issues with mental illness. As with any community, we should be mindful of that. People in a vulnerable state can make rash decisions - sometimes fatal.

A bit of banter is fine - but remember you're talking to another human being.

We lost a regular player of I&A to suicide last week. And he was a damn fine player.

• Like 1
    • Feels Sad Man 4
    • Sad 2

Nuu Rushean    259
    3 hours ago, Woolie said:

has anyone seen or heard from Wollie?? It's his m,um and we haven't seen him

Wait.. isn’t your mum dead? 

On 9/8/2018 at 4:41 AM, Woolie said:

I've had several members of my family kill themselves because of mental health issues including my Mum

• lul 1
    • feelsretardedman 1
    • <3 1
    • thinking3d 1
    • Haha 1