Ptarmigann

How do you access the VR suit?

• SkylerBB    26

Why would you even want the VR suit.... zero protection of any kind....1 shot and your dead basicly...no matter what you are carrying.

You will find a lot of things are restricted Ptarmigann as don't fit in with the servers style =) 

Anything the role you are in can't use will pop up on the screen when you try to and tell you to. 
    No racing/vr suits, lot of CSAT is locked, some weapons locked to set roles. 

Everyone is normally pretty good in game and will help you find a loadout that works for your role if need a hand =)

• Like 1

Ptarmigann    5
    6 minutes ago, SkylerBB said:

Why would you even want the VR suit.... zero protection of any kind....1 shot and your dead basicly...no matter what you are carrying.

You will find a lot of things are restricted Ptarmigann as don't fit in with the servers style =) 

Anything the role you are in can't use will pop up on the screen when you try to and tell you to. 
    No racing/vr suits, lot of CSAT is locked, some weapons locked to set roles. 

Everyone is normally pretty good in game and will help you find a loadout that works for your role if need a hand =)

Was thinking that I'd do a meme setup and carry like 50 boxes of .338 into battle, or just fire rockets 24/7. It's not suppose to be practical or anything, just some messing around, maybe set up behind some HQ sandbags and hold off one side just by myself with all the stuff I can carry during a defense situation. 

• reee 1

SkylerBB    26
    1 minute ago, Ptarmigann said:

Was thinking that I'd do a meme setup and carry like 50 boxes of .338 into battle, or just fire rockets 24/7. It's not suppose to be practical or anything, just some messing around, maybe set up behind some HQ sandbags and hold off one side just by myself with all the stuff I can carry during a defense situation. 

Yea.....I wouldn't recommend that. 1. can cause you to get on the bad side of some community members which is never good. 2. it gets you noticed by staff quicker. 3. this is why they restricted it. 
    Always good to have a bit of fun and mess around at times, but normally need to keep it to a way that people with have fun with you at the same time =) 
    Kinda like when I play as Mortor Team. I know how I can mess around but don't abuse it as I know i'll upset people, unless they are in on it =)

Keep it chill for a bit so everyone gets to know you well then can mess around a bit more. =)

• Like 1

Corporal Kerry    141

Use a Bergen under a Ghillie suit, that can carry a LOT of stuff. Or just bring a vehicle, empty everything out and put in what you need. Customize inventory and then add a lot of rockets and medkits.

• Like 1

Ptarmigann    5
    13 hours ago, Corporal Kerry said:

Use a Bergen under a Ghillie suit, that can carry a LOT of stuff. Or just bring a vehicle, empty everything out and put in what you need. Customize inventory and then add a lot of rockets and medkits.

Yeah, Bergen under a ghillie is what I rock mostly now, it’s been working out quite nicely ever since the change of gear happened. 

• Like 1

Zombine45    177
    1 hour ago, Ptarmigann said:

Yeah, Bergen under a ghillie is what I rock mostly now, it’s been working out quite nicely ever since the change of gear happened. 

I can't imagine a situation, ever, where you need that much carrying capacity. Are you carrying ammo for you and 10 mates with all that storage?

I can just imagine the rage if stamina was forced on for even one day. :babyrage:

Edited by Zombine45
    • lul 1
    • Clap 1

Corporal Kerry    141
    2 hours ago, Zombine45 said:

I can't imagine a situation, ever, where you need that much carrying capacity. Are you carrying ammo for you and 10 mates with all that storage?

I can just imagine the rage if stamina was forced on for even one day. :babyrage:

Some players do not mind forced stamina. 77 JSOC server has stamina forced on, and it has 50 players on. So they can adapt. But plenty players use bergens.

Zombine45    177
    1 hour ago, Corporal Kerry said:

Some players do not mind forced stamina. 77 JSOC server has stamina forced on, and it has 50 players on. So they can adapt. But plenty players use bergens.

I know people do use them, but i don't think they actually need it, you can survive an entire AO with 9 mags in your vest + your kit gear in a assault pack or tactical backpack. If some players need more than that then id suggest going from full auto to single shot. There's plenty of opportunity in the AO to rearm, if you run out of rockets for example.

Goose_    31

The only real use for vr suits would be for iff as they stand out a lot better than other stuff. (For new people) But other than that there is no use for them.