Yeet

Easter Egg Changes

Yeet    193

First off, I'd like to start this with: I don't mind how the EE's are, I guess I'm just a bit nostalgic and want some good Easter Eggs.

Now, as a lot of somewhat older players (pre Apex Framework) would know, Easter Eggs were once a unit that was already spawned and showed on active radar (or radar sensors). This was a very cool thing to have as at each restart, a pilot would head out in a blackfish (or any vehicle with active radar) and do an Easter Egg Hunt; this hunt involved flying all around the map looking for gems (The occasional armed helo) and other treats. But unfortunautly after the Apex Framework was released they have since become an object that has to be activated before becoming enter-able (thus removing from the radar (defeating the purpose of EE hunts)). 

I would love to see these Easter Eggs put back on radar (and also the Easter Eggs being better overall (The ones I've seen after the Apex Framework have only been Hellcats and Orcas (unarmed) and will despawn once your 2km away from their original location (leaving you to fly through the air and die)) to give pilots something to do when they are bored shitless due to all the infantry being at AO.

I understand that recently there have been a lot of posts about how CAS is way overpowered and whatnot (which it really isn't (It's about as useless as it can get without it having no bombs/being taken out of the game)) but I feel although allowing players/pilots to occasionally find a nice shiny death creating helicopter isn't such a bad thing (especially seeming that you can't take them anywhere near the AO if you don't want to be shot down by tigs (effective 20mm/30mm range is only 2-3km)).

Overall, I think this would be a welcome change back to what it was, I enjoyed the scramble for who put dibs on doing the initial hunt, then the race of all the pilots trying to fly to the location of a pretty vehicle. (and if 3-5 more active vehicles on the server is going to cause lag I don't know what to say)

Edit: And no, I'm not saying give the Easter Eggs amazing loadouts either, maybe just pilot access to full DARS/SHREIKERS and gunner gets the cannon (and whatever the hell you want to do to the non dual helicopters (Orca, Pawnee, Hellcat).

Edited by Yeet
  • Like 5

• Nova    1779

completely agree. i think fitz said a while ago that its a bit difficult to do since the easter egg vehicles have the same spawn script as the rest of the vehicles. so its hard to remove the need to activate them. dunno if hes doing anything on it

• hahaa 1
    • Feels Sad Man 1
    • monkamega 1