Luke

Selectable CAS Jet Spawn

Luke    12

Just 10 mins ago I was on I&A with not one, now two, but 3 Stealth Shikras and having 170 Transport points I thought..."Sweet I'll surely get a Shrika at least once"

***3 Wipeouts later***

FML guys we need to reward players who put the effort in to transport everyone and not just leave it to a random chance. Now I know some of you will winge and say "Oh you could have taken them all down with a wipeout....scrub, learn to fly." I am aware of this however there are countless situations where you need CAS based aircraft, such as during a defend, and times where you need to clear the skies of AIDS.

I'm sure M9 and some of the other mods will back me up when I say this is an idea that could easily be planned, scripted and implemented.

If you have any further questions regarding this let me know but seriously, come on guys, 160 points and 3 wipeouts in a row, just when you wanted an air superiority F/A aircraft. **** off arma.

• Like 6

• webbie    186
    On 05/05/2018 at 6:09 PM, Luke said:

Just 10 mins ago I was on I&A with not one, now two, but 3 Stealth Shikras and having 170 Transport points I thought..."Sweet I'll surely get a Shrika at least once"

***3 Wipeouts later***

FML guys we need to reward players who put the effort in to transport everyone and not just leave it to a random chance. Now I know some of you will winge and say "Oh you could have taken them all down with a wipeout....scrub, learn to fly." I am aware of this however there are countless situations where you need CAS based aircraft, such as during a defend, and times where you need to clear the skies of AIDS.

I'm sure M9 and some of the other mods will back me up when I say this is an idea that could easily be planned, scripted and implemented.

If you have any further questions regarding this let me know but seriously, come on guys, 160 points and 3 wipeouts in a row, just when you wanted an air superiority F/A aircraft. **** off arma.

+1

This is actually something that had been discussed while framework was still in the early stages and pilots were all whitelisted so it was only really experienced pilots who had input. 

Anyway the consensus was that was achievable in the framework was to use the db to monitor player points and add a higher performace jet to a drop-down list over time and points accumulated. I do believe this was in effect for a time but without the drop down. I can't confirm that but I remember something along those lines being true.

So with this way you could pretty much choose what jet you wanted depending on the situation and assuming you could get it back to the hangar.
    Not sure how the despawning would work but I think it could work.

• Like 3

Fitz    1239
    6 minutes ago, Luke said:

Fitz,

Any update on this?

Kind Regards,

Luke

Working on it. Hopefully you'll see some changes in the next week or so.

• Like 2
    • Pogchamp 1

Yeet    193

I was thinking about posting something about this after PK's post.

Maybe the computer just having an intractable screen then you can select jets (that you can "afford" with transport points). 

But I do of course have to disagree with you on something..

On 5/5/2018 at 6:09 PM, Luke said:

Oh you could have taken them all down with a wipeout....scrub, learn to fly.

git gud scrub

Zombine45    177
    On 6/30/2018 at 9:07 PM, Yeet said:

Maybe the computer just having an intractable screen then you can select jets (that you can "afford" with transport points).

Good luck with that, i remember when i brought up an idea like this for all vehicles that have varied spawns i was shot down spectacularly.

SkylerBB    26

Yea it would be nice to be able to select the cas. I fly a lot of transport heli but never want to touch cas as most of the planes I hate. lol
    maybe a future update where we can give other players our 3 slots if we don't want to use them? 

either way being able to select the cas may mean I try and fly more lol

Yeet    193
    14 hours ago, Zombine45 said:

Good luck with that, i remember when i brought up an idea like this for all vehicles that have varied spawns i was shot down spectacularly.

Not really surprised, I wouldn't like it being done for all vehicles with varied spawns, but due to the jets only being accessible by 1 person at a time it makes more sense.

• Like 1