Mann

Command Surrendering

Mann    39

Some of you may know that currently when "Command Surrendering" an enemy, there is approximately a 5 second timer until the enemy has surrendered. This has been a major improvement as before all you had to do is get close, press command surrender and not have to worry about a timer. In other words, it was extremely easy to get prisoners compared to now. The current issue I have is the timer is excruciatingly long where on many occasions the enemy soldier will walk off (Usually in buildings) which will cancel the timer or turn around and shoot you (Usually happens at 2-3 second mark). 

A possible solution that I believe may work to this is decreasing timer by a second or two. This would be an improvement to the current Command Surrender system.

• Like 2
  • thinking3d 2

• Agreed with Mann, I vote to have the timer dropped a tad bit. It's especially frustrating with HVT/Officer capture missions.

Some guys like to run those missions solo, and it is difficult boxing the NPC in.

Maybe a further suggestion to allow a capture of a target who maybe moving but within a certain 'arms length' distance.
    OR
    Implementing a Taser mod... It'd be chaos knowing how some of us play but there is the potential to limit to a certain underused class, maybe grenadier or SL.

Fitz    1239

Time has been tweaked and now depends on a few different factors - unit morale, damage and whether or not the unit needs to reload. Let me know what you think.

Edited by Fitz
    • Like 1

Mann    39

Nice, I'll check out the tweaks tomorrow and tell what I think

Fitz    1239
    2 hours ago, Nova said:

how does unit morale work

I don't know for sure, Quik did it. I think it depends on the skill and rank of people in the group and how many group members have died.

Mann    39

I've messed around with prisoner taking and the new tweaks are definitely a major improvement. Thank you Fitz for these new changes.

• Like 1