Bow

Introduction Of ROE Dynamics

Bow    149

I am unsure if this has been discussed prior but i have two interesting ideas that could be added on a small scale to build on AO/Side dynamics through the introduction of ROEs (Rules Of Engagement) that need to be considered before flattening everything inside a AO/Side.

1. Introduction of free roaming Civilian AI on foot, in vehicles, and/or in helicopters and planes. I understand that this would generate the possibility of more lag on the server but implementing this on a smaller scale either with the max of 10-20 Civilian AI on the map, respawned with every new AO or even have them attatched near the AO for when a new AO spawns, Civilians will spawn around it as well. Its possible and would add the aspect of Civilian casualties and the oppertuunity to punish or stat track players who kill these Civilians, adding a extra a new depth to the mode of I&A.

2. Introduction of building destruction penalties. This would be harder to implement but a deterrence for blowing up literally the whole town/city would be different. Almost every AO i go to, Bluefor forces leave it just about fully destroyed. If we can add this to every AO or maybe a select few AOs than this would be a massive game changer. And if every building is too extreme, than enforce penalties for high value buildings such as hospitals, churches, construction sites, ATC buildings, solar towers ect. These penalties can be applied after the completion of the AO or even as a side objective. I am unsure about the nature of these penalites or even adding them as side objectives for the AO as there are already so many, but something like this would be a great idea to add and would further mix up the dynamics of the mode and how players take on a AO.

I would love for these ideas to be discussed in the comments and hopefully considered by the developers. Even if this can be introduced on a small scale to 1/4 of the AO/Side missions i do believe that it would add a nice change in the mode and make it necessary for players to not only consider what they are shooting and blowing up, but also get players to read their mission briefs.

• Zombine45    177

1. Civilian AI already spawn at most AO's, adding vehicles and aircraft would just cause confusion for the players.

2. I've never seen an AO get leveled or even 1/10th destroyed in the manner you're describing, i don't think such a system is needed at all.

Try to remember this is a casual server, we don't need all manner of hindrance and restrictions placed upon players.

• Like 2

pkisbest    198

I can confirm I have seen the town be half levelled once...however that’s because a jet pilot couldn’t tell his east from west and strafed half of the town with a 30mm and a GBU.

Nova    1779

i gather you don't really play on the server since i havent really seen you on and half of this stuff is already in

as zombine has stated civvies do roam the AO and there are civilian vehicles

only time i have seen a town get levelled is when i have done it myself. never seen a player do it

it already says in chat if someone kills a civilian and i believe you lose a point

plus we already have ROE's 

Kinda seems like you trying to get some ez rep

• Wait What? 1
    • Wesmart 1
    • lul 1
    • Jebaited 2

Bow    149

Was just a suggestion, i am a casual on the server so maybe on once or twice a week, ive never seen the civilian thing but i guess i am not looking. Doesn't help i am always flying or CAS. 
    And yes while the ROEs state you can not engage strategically valued targets, theres nothing about the buildings themselves in the manner ive suggested

55 minutes ago, InfamousNova said:

Kinda seems like you trying to get some ez rep

And that wasn't a necessary comment from a I&A admin man.

Edited by Bow
    update
    • Triggered 1
    • reee 1

M9'    169

Good to see these ideas being thrown around, however there are a few considerations that you might want to think on. Firstly, many I&A players don't just have little sympathy for AI civilians, but go out of their way to kill as many of them as they can. The same can be said for civilian buildings, which, yes, I have been witness to a considerable amount of damage to. There have been particularly interesting AOs where one or two individuals will take it upon themselves to destroy an entire town with some form of explosives or another, which has proven to be a bother to those on the ground not interested in such things. The server does already have roaming AI at both Main Objectives and various Side objectives, which I am sure you are now already aware.

From the perspective of an infantryman on the ground playing the game the way it's intended, it is possible to find someone leveling the nearby town distracting, if not bothering. In any instance where ordinance is being detonated outside of reasonable use and with the risk of injury or death to players, it could be considered borderline trolling. This is especially true when we have people wanting to move into the town and clear room to room. My question is, what penalties could we possibly implement that would deter people from destroying buildings? Perhaps it could be linked to the already implemented Robocop threat level system, however I would be concerned about exactly how much good that would bring to the server. Should someone really be penalised for breaking someone else's immersion? I&A is not a milsim experience, and alot of the fun can come from players acting out of character; the question then would be, how far is too far.

I&A Admins are people too yo

Edited by M9'
    • Like 1
    • lul 1
    • kkool 1

Nova    1779
    11 hours ago, Bow said:

And that wasn't a necessary comment from a I&A admin man.

that was me as another player. we arent just robots yknow

Edited by InfamousNova

LuckyB33f    1287

Welcome to I&A chat where admins act like players... were 90% of it is banter...

• kkool 1
    • Dislike 1

Zombine45    177
    1 hour ago, LuckyB33f said:

Welcome to I&A chat where admins act like players... were 90% of it is banter...

Whoa whoa whoa Lucky are you telling me the I&A admins are living breathing people? And they want to play the game and have fun too you say? This whole time i thought they were robots!

• kkool 1
    • wutface 1
    • wooow 1

pkisbest    198
    2 hours ago, LuckyB33f said:

Lemme stop you right there.

It’s all banter. Like 100%. Just sit in the pilots channel for like...30 seconds? And you will see what I mean.

Hell Nova is Banting when he is banning.

Also can confirm Nova is a robot and M9 is his creator.

Edited by pkisbest
    • Clap 1
    • thinking3d 1

LuckyB33f    1287

Haha dam well there goes my 10%... I was going to say 10% of admining but your right he does it at the same time...

pkisbest    198

Yeah he does it while dropping mortars on groups of friendlies to teach them spacing. It’s all hilarious to watch.

He is very good at teaching people useful things like spacing.

• Like 2

WestOz    40
    On 08/01/2018 at 8:45 PM, InfamousNova said:

i believe you lose a point

On 09/01/2018 at 7:09 AM, M9' said:

Firstly, many I&A players don't just have little sympathy for AI civilians, but go out of their way to kill as many of them as they can

From the deliberate Civ kills I witness, especially in the new George Town mish, I reckon not to many give a toss about points/awards etc, like on GTA they just go for it, kill anything, everything in site, if a civ gets in the way, oh well... Also been happening a lot with hostages lately.

This ain't milsim, casual fun server etc, etc, but like RL be good if there was some form of penalty that hit them a bit harder than points they don't give a toss about.

Is there some way to penalize offending players by throwing them in a Brig for 10 or so mins? have them complete some kind of chore/activity at base before unlocked to leave base again, restricting their arsenal to light arms for a time?

Nova    1779
    5 minutes ago, WestOz said:

Is there some way to penalize offending players by throwing them in a Brig for 10 or so mins? have them complete some kind of chore/activity at base before unlocked to leave base again, restricting their arsenal to light arms for a time?

people would simply quit the server. i know i probably would

• Like 2