James32

Straya Wasteland 3.0.0 - Dev Log

James32    823

Wasteland Stratis Version 3.0.0 UPDATE
In the event of any catastrophic errors or problems on initial release, we may revert back to the previous version.

Today we are are making our long awaited return to Stratis along with a host of other assorted balance changes to reduce anti-fun strategies and improve the general experience. You should also notice a moderate to large performance increase compared to both Malden and our previous Stratis build

At a personal level i would like to apologize for the delay since last update, I have been very busy of late with real life commitments/university work, however moving forward I am hoping to be able to make small/progressive updates every week or two to improve the server instead of big updates with longer in between. From the entire wasteland staff: We hope you enjoy the update and the server

Development

N.B. This list of changes is not everything, it’s just what I felt were the most significant changes

General Changes -

• Added -STRATIS :pogchamp:
  • Added -Guaranteed AA vehicle for all money shipments medium and above
  • Added -All variants of the van/ambulance added to the vehicle store
  • Added -Demining drone, carrier drone (transfer items) and medic drone to the vehicle store under helicopters (for 10k, 2k, 2k respectively)
  • Added -Added console logging of more in game events to assist administrators
  • Added -Added significantly more items to general stores
  • Added -Roadblock missions
  • Added -A large number of back end optimizations which should hopefully both reduce load on the server and the client (Will hopefully improve FPS for everyone)
  • Tweak - Adjusted damage model for jets to make them more susceptible to ground based armaments
  • Tweak -Adjusted ammo and cost of Falcon UAV to reduce long range spam potential
  • Tweak -Price changes on various other assorted vehicles
  • Tweak -Reduced time between completing 1 mission and the next of the same category spawning (now only 2 mins between for all types vs 5,10,5)
  • Tweak -Increased AI difficulty slightly
  • Tweak -Increased number of vehicles in every level of money shipments (to make them more difficult)
  • Tweak -Increased Rewards for all levels of money shipment (now 25k,50k,75k,100k for small/med/large/huge respectively)
  • Tweak -Various map/Performance Optimizations (removed many performance heavy props that served minimal purpose)
  • Tweak -Adjusted Weather Effect probabilities
  • Tweak - Reduced back end load of server antihack to assist server performance
  • Tweak -Misc Main configuration changes
  • Tweak -Added more AI to side and main missions (Now 5,10,15 from 4,7,12)
  • Tweak - Updated staff list on load in panel as well as WL mod app status to OPEN
  • Tweak - Fixed listed server restart times in the notification popup (in AEST)
  • Tweak - Removed all references to the supporter system
  • Tweak - Changed supporter button to "cosmetics" button
  • Tweak - Moved Aircraft Carrier
  • Tweak - Adjusted admin menu options slightly
  • Tweak - Cleanup of vehicle wreckages now occur slightly more often
  • Tweak - Assorted Bugfixes
  • Deleted - Several Capture areas
  • Deleted - Malden :feelsbadman:

Finding any Issues or bugs? Report your findings to our wasteland staff.

Feedback/Suggestions are welcome

• Pogchamp 1
  • Clap 2
  • wooow 1
  • <3 2
  • Sad 1

• Excel    828

Stratis hype :pogchamp:

Edited by ExcelForce

LAZYSHOT    49

Luv luv James can't wait to get back into it..i think I'll grit my teeth and leave all my opinions out of it next time and go with the flow..?....?

James32    823

Wasteland Stratis Version 3.1.0 MINI UPDATE

By Popular Demand this patch is simply a push of map fixes sans any new feature content slated for next patch.

Development

General Changes -

• Added - A couple of buildings to central
    • Tweak - Moved airfield plane spawn
    • Tweak - Made some terrain/props surrounding airfield gunstore indestructible
    • Tweak - Modified simulation state of several objects to reduce simulation load
    • Deleted - Several Floating props (notably LZ Baldy but a few others as well)
    • Deleted - Several Incorrectly positioned hideTerrainObject markers.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, James32 said:

Wasteland Stratis Version 3.1.0 MINI UPDATE

By Popular Demand this patch is simply a push of map fixes sans any new feature content slated for next patch.

Development

General Changes -

• Added - A couple of buildings to central
    • Tweak - Moved airfield plane spawn
    • Tweak - Made some terrain/props surrounding airfield gunstore indestructible
    • Tweak - Modified simulation state of several objects to reduce simulation load
    • Deleted - Several Floating props (notably LZ Baldy but a few others as well)
    • Deleted - Several Incorrectly positioned hideTerrainObject markers.

Thank you. Very happy. 

• Triggered 1

Nova    1779
    8 hours ago, The Hopelessgamer said:

Thank you. Very happy. 

had to make him feel like shit but i guess as long as you're happy

• Like 2
    • Feels Sad Man 1

James32    823

Wasteland Stratis Version 3.2.0 TRIAL

This patch we are trying a headless client on the server to see if it can alleviate our performance issues, in particular will are now trialling using the headless client to run the AI to see how it effects server and client FPS.

Please hop on the server and let me know if you notice any performance improvement and report any bug you find. Also please report if the AI behave in any form of buggy way compared to normal.

I would like to thank Connor for all his work to make this update possible and get the headless client working :pogchamp:

Development

General Changes -

• Added - Headless client Support (incl AI)
    • Added - Headless client will now process and control all mission AI's to reduce load on the server (depending on how successful this trial is we may offload more tasks to the headless client)
    • Added - Cluster jets
    • Tweak - Increased price of de-mining drone
    • Tweak - Increase price of falcon
    • Like 2
    • thinking3d 1

Unit_3397    712

Wasteland Stratis Version 3.2.0 - 3.2.6

Please find a generalized list of various tweaks and changes made between map versions 3.2.0 to 3.2.6

T

Development

General Changes -

• Added - New skins
    • Added - Old appeal back into general store
    • Tweak - Map changes/ alterations to stores
    • Tweak - Ghost hawk price reduced to 100 bucks (limited time)
    • Tweak -  Various price changes
    • Tweak - Other stuff 

For some generalized information in relation to server events, please click here