Connor.

The next step for Life

Connor.    1352
1 minute ago, Pezza said:

Anything like a stock market? Where you place money in a company ( Cocaine for example ) however the price can fluctuate a lot more than it currently is. So you buy 32 Cocaine stocks at 8k then you sell at 16k and hence profit, or it could drop and you lose money.

idk I think it would be cool

@Connor.

Yea but then you would need to rely on the person who owns the company to continue doing their line of work. if they stop u lose. I could be understanding you wrong but there is a few super complex ideas that rely heavily on player driven events that I'm not sure would work out in the long run. Even some simpler things like owning a shop and selling stuff from it (which other servers do) only works if people are willing to buy from players instead of the server shops. i'm open to these ideas its just a lot of thinking needs to be done to make it work and be fair to all players.

• Pezza    248

It would just be a virtual company, not a real company, the company doesn't have to exist. Maybe you could invest in the gun store, then as they add a new gun the stock value goes up, or if they remove something fewer people buy it hence the stock price depreciates. Doesn't have to be an actual company, maybe can just be a normal part of straya which you can buy.

Griffo    159
    11 hours ago, Connor. said:

if i did that i will need good ideas on how to make a return on the investment tho, so if u have any please do let me know.

Return on investments - pretty straightforward;

-Shipping Companies

-Storage Companies (People with housing that cant fit any more shit, can use storage facilities (I.E Think Kennards) - so if you own a large warehouse area,  people store shit in your warehouse, and u charge them a premium on it

-Private Security HQ Companies (Place and set-up for people to store and stash large quantities of company-owned gear)

-Real Estate (Place for people to purchase , sell, or offer rental on properties they own)

-Pick-Up / Towie Companies

-Mechanic / Autotune Service (Place people can bring cars to install upgrades for speed, steering, armour, etc)

-Shooting Range / Firearms Trainer (This is an excellent idea, because it can provide people a safe, comfortable area to provide weapons training and handling for a fee to those who want it. New ARMA 3 gamers are always starting out, and buy guns, but don't know how to use them properly. Experienced vets of the game could very easily teach others the best way to shoot and handle their guns and make use of cover , distance, etc)

Obviously some of these ideas would require additional scripting, but they're pretty sound. There are also a lot of ideas out there that would require no scripting, no buildings - only creativity and imagination. Tbh, it's quite sad that as soon as people get a fair amount of money, the first thing they default to doing is crime and shooting up civs / cops for the lolz. Yes, it's a FPS game, but srsly, if you want to kill things that badly, why not play on a wasteland server?

This is a role-play server guys.

Learn to role-play. 

• Like 2

Moygstar    196

I'm thinking purchasable warehouses etc that start as bare bones storage.
    You can craft & purchase modifications/upgrades to them that give them purpose.
    For example, a private area to grow or process drugs, (takes a lot longer to actually do though).
    If Police raid the building they can seize the modifications and storage.
    Balancing and limits on the options and mechanics behind it would be necessary. But to think I could have my own weed hydroponic growing warehouse and processing lab, that sounds epic to me.

Civilians can use the buldings for processing of legal goods, or any of the other ideas posted by others.

New Idea, worth tossing around:
    You can turn your warehouse into a chop shop type thing, and say you do some good ol grand theft auto, you can park it inside, and have the option to sell, scrap, or steal the vehicle.
    It takes time depending on the option and the type of vehicle.
    Sell: sells it for 75% buy price
    Scrap: turns it into steel, plastic etc
    Steal: takes it out of their garage, puts it into yours, but it is considered unregistered by any police radar, rego checks etc.
       If the police get hold of it, impounding the vehicle doesnt return it to your garage, instead it deletes it.

I think the conversion of your warehouse into a legal/illegal business should not require just money, instead many of the mined/gathered resources from the world.
    Obviously the warehouse itself should cost a good ol 30mil or something to avoid people buying them all straight away.
    There also should be some kind of activity check and maybe rent you have to pay before it becomes defunct, and even sold automatically (etc if you dont use it for 6 months)

I also think the cash system needs to be overhauled.
    Doing legal activies gives you cash- legal cash.
    Doing illegal activities gives you dirty cash
    There should be quite a few places on the map near city areas where you can process (launder) money.
    And you can only purchase houses/cars/warehouses etc (civilian items) with clean money.
    You can still purchase all the rebel stuff with dirty money tho.
    You cannot store dirty money in atms. You can store it at any gang hideout/rebel base/cartel etc etc, and maybe a few other 'black market atms' :p

Edited by Moygstar

This looks great, cant wait. I'm still confused about one thing though. Is this more like Altis life RPG or Arma 3 life RPG (which includes mods- new cars, weapons, building etc.)? So far from the Strayalife screenshots page this looks absolutely amazing as an Altis life server. Are you focusing on writing your own mission files from it, from where you'll then add mods for more of that juicy sweet content? If this is more like Altis life, would you ever consider making an Arma 3 life server? As of now I dont know of any Arma 3 Life servers hosted in Australia, the closest English speaking one being in N.America. Sorry if this question seems dumb but when people normally say life servers i immediately think of modded servers.

Connor.    1352
    37 minutes ago, Sir Eric De Salsa said:

This looks great, cant wait. I'm still confused about one thing though. Is this more like Altis life RPG or Arma 3 life RPG (which includes mods- new cars, weapons, building etc.)? So far from the Strayalife screenshots page this looks absolutely amazing as an Altis life server. Are you focusing on writing your own mission files from it, from where you'll then add mods for more of that juicy sweet content? If this is more like Altis life, would you ever consider making an Arma 3 life server? As of now I dont know of any Arma 3 Life servers hosted in Australia, the closest English speaking one being in N.America. Sorry if this question seems dumb but when people normally say life servers i immediately think of modded servers.

If there is enough people willing to play a modded server we could do a modded version as well. Unmodded is the primary focus though.

• Like 1

McCain    126
    On 10/12/2017 at 6:42 PM, Moygstar said:

If Police raid the building they can seize the modifications and storage.

You're forgetting
    "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah the police raided my house! I lost all my stuff! I quit!"
    It'll literally just be more of that 

• Like 2

I personally would love a modded server, I just don't know if other people are willing to download the mods on Australian internet.

• Like 1
    • Wesmart 1
    • Feels Bad Man 1

Connor.    1352
    8 minutes ago, Michael Steiner said:

I personally would love a modded server, I just don't know if other people are willing to download the mods on Australian internet.

yea, another concern is if there is enough players to go around in oceania. You look at europe there is loads of servers all of which fill up easily, then look at oceania and there is two popular servers and neither fill up to max at the same time.

1 minute ago, Connor. said:

yea, another concern is if there is enough players to go around in oceania. You look at europe there is loads of servers all of which fill up easily, then look at oceania and there is two popular servers and neither fill up to max at the same time.

I think that with new StrayaLife RPG coming up that will bring alot of new players to the Altis/Malden life section of things but in support I often hear people asking if there's any good modded servers in Australia. (Answer being no. Even if there was I wouldn't promote it) So i think there would indeed be some population in the server if the link to the forums is in the title like it currently is for Altis life because I always found that when i found and wanted to play on a modded server they would never have an easy accessable place to go download all the mods required to join the server so I wouldn't bother. Though if we did make a modded server I would prefer personally it to be on a map that's already in Arma (Altis, Malden etc.) as some of the modded maps aren't that fantastic.

• kkool 1

CeeFar    585
    1 hour ago, Michael Steiner said:

I think that with new StrayaLife RPG coming up that will bring alot of new players to the Altis/Malden life section of things but in support I often hear people asking if there's any good modded servers in Australia. (Answer being no. Even if there was I wouldn't promote it) So i think there would indeed be some population in the server if the link to the forums is in the title like it currently is for Altis life because I always found that when i found and wanted to play on a modded server they would never have an easy accessable place to go download all the mods required to join the server so I wouldn't bother. Though if we did make a modded server I would prefer personally it to be on a map that's already in Arma (Altis, Malden etc.) as some of the modded maps aren't that fantastic.

If we could get some good YT content creators to make serious videos and then had serious moderation going on I think it could work well. 

• Like 2

Nova    1779
    1 hour ago, nclem said:

If we could get some good YT content creators to make serious videos

remember what happened the last time a popular youtuber made a video on our server?

• Feels Sad Man 4

CeeFar    585
    37 minutes ago, InfamousNova said:

remember what happened the last time a popular youtuber made a video on our server?

that is true

★Smokey★    291
    On 04/12/2017 at 3:50 PM, Connor. said:

spot on. built from scratch. easier to port to different maps, more freedom with the things we can script. we have can do whatever we want in altis life already but depending on the task we would need to rewrite whole systems to add new features. after a certain point u have basically written ur own mission anyway so thats what we are doing, building it how we want for what strayagaming needs. I'll have some more sneak peaks for the other thread soon.

Conner if it a hole new framework  then does that not mean it will take long for the scripting 

• Triggered 1

9 hours ago, InfamousNova said:

Lmao. WHAT DO YA HEAR TO WHAT DO YA SAY?

• Feels Bad Man 1
    • Haha 1

Fusionable    355

To be fair i'm sure people are prepared to download mods, they are quick, easy and fun. Only problem i have is navigating and finding all the mods, if we could combine or at least folder the pack together allowing an easy accessible download. Otherwise even a modded pop-up every now and then in the holidays or peak times would be brilliant. :seemsgood:

• Like 1
    • Seems Good 1

Connor.    1352
    2 hours ago, ★Smokey★ said:

Conner if it a hole new framework  then does that not mean it will take long for the scripting 

kinda hard to answer this because what I think you have asked and what this actually says are not the same...

"built from scratch" does suggest i started with nothing and am writing everything myself so yea it will take time to finish it.

WestOz    40
    On 04/12/2017 at 3:37 PM, FrankNZ said:

Australia map

Australia map would be VERY COOL for a "STRAYA" server. Rather than with current;  Sydney being where Perth should be - Melbourne where Adelaide should be - Brisbane somehow South East of Melbourne ?

Owning property and renting it out sounds great, might teach the young ones with shit role-model parents about property investing, getting their own rather than renting/paying off someone else's. Raise deposit, borrow rest from bank, let it increase in val while paying it down, use the equity to buy another to rent out to new players etc.

But how would the rent be collected, chased up if not paid etc? Real estate agents/Property managers (also collecting bonds etc), lawyers (admin who can transfer it from/too etc if not paid). Plus tradies for maintenance on properties, including trashed rental ones.

And what about furnishings, stereo, tv, security cameras, alarms, curtains, chairs we can sit on, beds to sleep in (maybe have to sit or sleep for 5min or so to build health back up). The tradies and craft guys could make it, get their supplies from Bunnings, they get theirs from various wholesale producers (different players can buy/sell operate different Bunnings outlets across the map, compete with their own wholesale/retail pricing against others (when their online, unless some way to have an AI run it, pay wages, could also pay taxes which go to admin for prizes, events or something).

And all this stuff has to get about somehow, car & truck yards selling new & second hand vehicles, which need fuel, maintenance, road side service etc.

Plus we all need to eat & drink, food vendors need supplies from rabbit, goat, fruit farmers etc, they can sell to distributors who then wholesale to retailers.

All these business's can all be run by different players. Different business's all have different turnover/profit margins, one with low profit can be purchased for a low price by a new player, learn to compete for supplies/customers through price structure and marketing, learn how to make profits from wholesale to retail, make improvements like paint, signage, security cameras for proof to police of who robbed them etc, eventually save up for a better business with more profit margins, the more their on the server the quicker it happens.

All this has been discussed on here many times years ago, nothing came of it, like Identity which is still.... in the making http://www.identityrpg.com/

Also, be good to see the financial value of things on the server be more comparable with real life, including the auto payment (dole).

Edited by WestOz