Farensik.

Kos Zone Gun Store?

Elite    29

In my opinion about all these big guns being added why don't we think about compromise or meet up in the middle some want big guns being added why dont you think about adding the KOS Gun store or another gun store outside rebel zone that you have to capture so its similar to the gang hideouts and when you capture it grants access to the the gang to be able to buy All the LMGS currently in Arma 3 that are 7.62 or bellow. So on one side there's no access for rebels to buy guns that have a Massive caliber like .338 or 9.3 ad rebels could gain access to better weapons but not higher caliber. 

• Wex    429

I haven't played enough as a civilian or a rebel so my opinions might be wrong. From my time in the server, the majority of combat situations involving large groups happens between cops and rebels. There have been a few, but I haven't seen many rebel vs rebel. This KOS zone gun store could work similar with how cops defends bank, but instead it's rebels defending their "bank". 

The gunstore should act similar to a gang hideout where you have to take control of it before using it. When the capturing is initiated, it should send a global alert to all factions, as well as another global alert when it has been fully captured. It should also require a minimum (preferably 60 players) to be online before being active. There should be no atm/houses within a large radius around the store so people will risk a lot going in and out. 

As for the "roleplay" excuse. I honestly think that this will improve roleplay. Rebels are always fighting cops. Introducing the gun store will create more conflict between rebels and cartels rather than having rebels vs cops all the time. The gunstore could also work in a similar fashion as how cartels deal with drug fields where they tax people use it. 

Just a quick roleplay scenario (these scenarios are completely fictitious and is not meant to insult any gang):

SP is losing the fight against the police. They seek better firepower and equipment to deal with the police so they head towards the black market dealer. SP has upgraded their firepower but realises that their rival gang, NTR also wants more firepower and has a chance to overpower them if they get access to better firepower. SP disagrees with the approach NTR is taking to control Altis, therefore denying them access to the black market and will kill any NTR member on sight. A small group of rebels approaches the black market dealer asking permission to enter. SP grants them access as they don't have the numbers to overpower SP's dominant rebel control over Altis. 

Another scenario from a Cartel's perspective

EV wants to be the dominant gang in all of Altis. They seek the blackmarket dealer for better firepower and equipment and has taken control of it. They've set the entrance fee to $50,000 for any lone stranglers that wish to use the blackmarket. They've also made a rule where buyers can only buy a single weapon at a time and are subject to a full search of their bags before leaving. This way they can't stock up on weapons or buy for their friends. Rebel gang SP are requesting to enter the blackmarket. EV denies entry because they will use the guns to kill their police "friends". EV sends out a warning that they will be shot on sight if they come too close to the dealer.

Just to summarise my suggestions:

• Minimum 60 players 
    • Global alert when initiating the capturing of the area. 
    • Global alert when fully captured the area. 
    • No houses/atm within a large radius from the store. 

These suggestions won't make getting guns easier. It's a high risk, high reward. This will also put less stress on the cops having to go against everyone else in the server and will create more rebel vs rebel/cartel scenarios. 

There's one important question that needs to be answered: 

• Are the police allowed to interfere with the blackmarket? 

• Like 2

Farensik.    244
    5 hours ago, Wex said:

I haven't played enough as a civilian or a rebel so my opinions might be wrong. From my time in the server, the majority of combat situations involving large groups happens between cops and rebels. There have been a few, but I haven't seen many rebel vs rebel. This KOS zone gun store could work similar with how cops defends bank, but instead it's rebels defending their "bank". 

The gunstore should act similar to a gang hideout where you have to take control of it before using it. When the capturing is initiated, it should send a global alert to all factions, as well as another global alert when it has been fully captured. It should also require a minimum (preferably 60 players) to be online before being active. There should be no atm/houses within a large radius around the store so people will risk a lot going in and out. 

As for the "roleplay" excuse. I honestly think that this will improve roleplay. Rebels are always fighting cops. Introducing the gun store will create more conflict between rebels and cartels rather than having rebels vs cops all the time. The gunstore could also work in a similar fashion as how cartels deal with drug fields where they tax people use it. 

Just a quick roleplay scenario (these scenarios are completely fictitious and is not meant to insult any gang):

Another scenario from a Cartel's perspective

Just to summarise my suggestions:

• Minimum 60 players 
    • Global alert when initiating the capturing of the area. 
    • Global alert when fully captured the area. 
    • No houses/atm within a large radius from the store. 

These suggestions won't make getting guns easier. It's a high risk, high reward. This will also put less stress on the cops having to go against everyone else in the server and will create more rebel vs rebel/cartel scenarios. 

There's one important question that needs to be answered: 

• Are the police allowed to interfere with the blackmarket? 

I think that capturing is sorta good idea. It would give the cops and other rebels the notification making It even more of a risk for the person attempting to buy. I don't know how that would be for people that aren't in gangs as they probably just wanna go in out undetected. Also I know your trying to add RP by making cops being able to attack and rebels defend, but its a black market not a weapon cache. [I made a suggestion though on a weapon cache] It could work sorta like a drug dealer, it can be questioned and can be raided by cops[After all the KOS zone is mainly there for the rebels to conduct there business]. Also your suggestion about another thing for cartels to help out with, I don't think that would be fair for them as they cant commit crimes and break in to it and capture it.

Farensik.    244
    12 hours ago, Zomboid said:

im going to be brutally honest with you both sides do not have an advantage.. it is how you use the equipment given.. the tactics... the experience on all the equipment ( im not here to make flame or anything) but from my point of view from a chief inspector both sides are pretty well equipped to win in a battle.. using tactics will give you that.. yes cops can get better weapons.. but depends on the user.. yes cops can get good gear but depends on ether their trained with it... i'v been in plenty of situations where basically i have had to say everyone pull back thinking to myself that if we continue there gonna die.. cops die more then you actually think and rebels have a more advantage then you actually think ( like i say again not flamin or anything like that) NOW im not saying rebels always have the advantage.. i agree with you... yes srt can be called.. but thats if you go past peaches.. think smart create attention. rob people.. people do use 000 ( pls dont abuse that btw) we patrol everywhere note that when you follow us into Sydney means to take you down can be used... most rebels should know this.. like im saying i understand where your coming from srt can be called and BAM think smart use different tactics and srt might not get called...

thats my little view <3 

COPS DONT HAVE AN ADVANTAGE...?

Zomboid: "We don't even use half that stuff" well that's why you "don't" have an advantage because you choose not to get an advantage even though you can quiet easily.

STRIDER?

HUNTER?

MARID?

HMG?

GHOST HAWK?

ASSUALT BOATS?

20 COPS VS 10 REBELS?

FLASHBANGS?

GAS?

SUPPRESORS?

DRONES?

SRT HAVE WAY BETTER GUNS?

TITAN AA?

RPGS?

IEDS?

REBELS AND COPS ARE EQUEAL...?

STRIDER?

A MK18 that cant penetrate shit and ak12 that's dlc and cant make any decent distance?

Don't say you don't have an advantage.

From Farensik xoxo

Edited by Farensik.
    had to add a quote by zomboid
    • Like 5